File an online business tax extension

After you log on to prepare your return, there should be a tab option for filing an extension.  There may not be a charge, though you'll eventually need to pay to prepare the return.  It is possible to use either the private or home business version of the merchandise to file Form 4868 or use the company version to file Form 7004.  You can do this immediately, then go back days or weeks later to complete your tax return. 
E-File With a Software Program or Tax Professional
The IRS says you don't need to file Form 4868 if you just cover your income tax bill electronically.  They say: 
Businesses and partnerships use Form 7004.  This includes multiple-member LLC companies filing as partnerships, and S corporations.    The extension acceptance is automatic for most corporations (assess the Instructions for Form 7004 for additional information.)  Only Pay Your Income Tax Bill
NOTE: Tax legislation, rule and forms can vary periodically.  Please consult the IRS site or a tax professional for your most up-to-date information.  The information included in this article isn't intended as tax advice and it is not a substitute for tax advice.  
You can e-file your extension application using your private computer or you can get your tax preparer do so.  You can also use IRS "Free File" which permits you to file an extension and request payment options on the internet.
You do not have to file Form 4868 if you make a payment using our electronic payment options.   You can pay online or by telephone.
All the important tax software applications allow you to file an expansion using either Form 4868 or Form 7004.
You can file an extension application the traditional mail-in way.  You can print either form from the IRS website (Type 4868 and Form 7004), and they are complete with directions.  Mail it as many times as possible before the tax deadline.